Friday, June 6, 2008

Innocence and Beauty of the Alps

I wrote this out a long time ago...but here are some L'abri thoughts and not just adventurous events...

The blueness of the sky had arranged the mountains ahead of me today. Yesterday, clouds literally smeared my vision, my sight. It's been a long time since the awe of a place has truly ignited some form of wetness from my eyes. They didn't release themselves, those pulses of emotion, but a picture of stillness paralyzed my position. I moved away from the crowd, to a quiet place, down to this scene where an old, wooden bench hides itself from the walker. I've never seen pure color juxtapose such jagged figures. The dissimilar concoction magnified a scene that could not be hidden in a Monet painting or blackened in beauty by Ansel Adams. Burning, my throat felt that pre tear ignition as my body lay the barometer of the shining sun. I can hardly stand the temptation of this scene; this day will not exist again. There may  be others---but I want this moment to continue, unadulterated by, perhaps, the transparent beauty of someplace else. So, I just sit and let my salivation meet quiet satisfaction. 

No comments: